You’re thinking of doing business with a company you know very little about. After spending a few seconds on the home page you quickly go to the About Us page. Once there, are you captivated or put to sleep? When writing content for your About Us page, here are a few things to keep in mind.
- There is no need to go into long detail about the history of your company. Simply state when your company was founded or how many years you have been serving your industry.
- You should also include a brief summary of products offered, the more concise the better.
- This is also the place to communicate how you are different from your competitors.
- Be sure to mention your organization’s awards, certifications and any other forms of recognition.
- If you do business in a specific geography you should mention it on this page.
- Share your company’s philosophy or unique approach to satisfying the customer’s needs.
- If you have expertise in a specific industry you may want to communicate how your in-depth knowledge of the industry helps your clients.
- Mention your membership in any trade or community organizations.
- Do not include your Mission Statement or the CEO’s biography.
Your About Us page should be concise, easy to read, and serve as a marketing piece for your company. You need to walk a fine line between vanity and modesty.